Volleyball Manitoba is pleased to offer a new opportunity to compliment your team’s regular weekly training during the club season. Registration is now open for teams to participate in Volleyball Manitoba Scrimmage Series matches at the Canada Games Sport for Life Center on Friday evenings starting January 19th from 6-9:15 pm.
The Volleyball Manitoba Scrimmage Series was designed to provide teams the opportunity to compete against others of a similar level who they may not get the chance to play in regular tournaments. In this game-like training environment coaches and players will be able to;
- Apply new skills they have been working on during their training without the pressure of tournament play or rankings.
- Try new line-ups or have players try new positions before a weekend tournament.
- Provide court time for developing players that they may not otherwise have in regular tournament play.
- Play competitive 6 on 6 if your team has fewer than 12 players.
- Work on situational strategies and substitutions
- Build camaraderie with other teams and coaches.
Each Friday will feature a different age class and gender. Teams will be asked to declare their level of play as AA* or A so they can be placed in the appropriate pool of 4. (*The AA pool will be considered the higher level.) Volleyball Manitoba will verify each declaration to ensure an appropriate level of competition in each pool. In the event that there are not a minimum of 3 teams registered for a particular division, that division may not run or an alternate format will be considered. In the event one division has enough teams for 2 pools of 4 while the other does not meet the minimum required, Volleyball Manitoba reserves the right to offer 2 pools of the same level.
- Each team will play 3 sets to 15 points against each of the other teams in their pool for a total of 9 sets.
- Teams will have 15 minutes to warm up on court from 6:00-6:15 prior to the first match. Following the first match, any further warm-up time will depend on the length of the 3 sets.
- Match start times will be 6:15, 7:15, 8:15
- Matches will be played cross court at the Canada Games Sport for Life Center
- MVOA Referees will be used for all matches.
- Warm-up balls will be provided for the appropriate age group. MVA 200 or VQ 2000.
- Scrimmage matches DO NOT count towards Provincial ranking.
- All regular Volleyball Canada rules will apply.
- 13U Scrimmages will be played using triple ball format.
- All teams participating must be registered members of Manitoba Volleyball Association (Competitive, Youth Development Player, Program Participant)
Cost: $125 per team + GST
Volleyball Manitoba Scrimmage Series Schedule
|Event Date||Gender||Age||Divisions||Registration Deadline|
|Friday January 19, 2018||Girls||16U||AA-A||January 12, 2018|
|Friday January 26, 2018||Girls||15U||AA-A||January 12, 2018|
|Friday February 2, 2018||Boys||16U||AA-A||January 19, 2018|
|Friday February 23, 2018||Girls||14U||AA-A||February 9, 2018|
|Friday March 2, 2018||Boys||15U||AA-A||February 16, 2018|
|Friday March 9, 2018||Boys||14U||AA-A||February 23, 2018|
|Friday March 16, 2018||Girls||15U||AA-A||March 2, 2018|
|Friday March 23, 2018||Girls||16U||AA-A||March 9, 2018|
|Friday April 13, 2018||Girls/Boys||13U||single division for each gender||March 29, 2018|
|Friday April 20, 2018||Boys||15U/16U||single division for each age||April 6, 2018|
|Friday April 27, 2018||Girls/Boys||14U||single division for each gender||April 13, 2018|