The Performance Coach program is designed for coaches working with athletes in the Train to Compete stage and most often the 18-22 age group. The workshop is also recommended for Advanced Development Certified coaches seeking additional coach education in the area of Performance Analysis.
Note: the information below is for coaches entering the new Performance Coach education pathway. Coaches who completed the old Level 3 Technical, had until August 31, 2017, to complete the Practical evaluation. After this deadline, the Level 3 course will have expired.
- Volleyball eLearning. Coaches may have already completed these e-modules at the Development or Advanced Development Coach context. The e-modules are designed to provide all the essential information a volleyball coach will need prior to the In-Person Workshops.
- Volleyball eLearning (above)
- Multi-Sport Modules: Managing Conflict, Leading Drug-free Sport, Psychology of Performance, Coaching and Leading Effectively, Prevention and Recovery, Developing Athletic Abilities, Advanced Planning a Practice, Performance Planning, and Manage a Sport Program.
- Performance Coach In-Person Workshop. The Performance Coach Workshop is entirely focussed on the skill of Performance Analysis (error detection and correction). This is an advanced volleyball coaching workshop and is intended for coaches who aspire to develop athletes and teams which will be competitive at national level competitions and university/college leagues. The Performance Coach Workshop takes place annually in June or July (locations vary). Overview of the workshop.
Note: Volleyball Canada is now accepting applications for coaches interested in attending one of five NCCP Performance Coach workshops this summer of 2018. For more information on 2018 Performance Coach Workshops and to apply for your spot, click HERE.
Note: The Multi-sport Modules provide education and training in areas relevant to coaches in all sports. Enroll in the Multi-Sport Modules.
Portfolio and Evaluation
The Portfolio includes:
- Performance Planning submission Indoor or Beach (YTP and Microcycles)
- Manage a Program submission
- Support the Competitive Experience submission
The Evaluation includes:
- Make Ethical Decisions Online Evaluation (Comp-Intro Stream)
- Making Head Way (generic stream) free online module
- Error Detection and Correction online Evaluation (basic and intermediate skills)
- Leading Drug-Free Sport online Evaluation
- Managing Conflict online Evaluation
- Support to Athlete in Training Evaluation (2 in-person observations)
- Support the Competitive Experience Evaluation (1 in-person observation of a match)
Review the entire contents of the Performance Coach Evaluation Package and follow the steps outlined.
Below is a list of Evaluation Package Appendices: