The Development Coach program is the primary entry point for most coaches in the volleyball community.
The course supports coaches working in the Train to Train stage or the age groups of 13-16.
View a one-page diagram of the Development Coach Pathway.
- Volleyball eLearning (5-8 hrs). The e-modules are designed to provide all the essential information a volleyball coach will need prior to the In-Person Workshops.
- Volleyball eLearning (above)
- Development Coach Workshop
- Multi-Sport Modules: Planning a Practice, Make Ethical Decisions, Nutrition
Note: The Development Coach workshop is designed to introduce the game of volleyball and basic methodology to the introductory coach working with Train to Train athletes (13-16 age groups). See course description. After completion of the Volleyball eLearning modules you will be prompted to sign up for a workshop. Visit volleyballmanitoba.ca to view upcoming scheduled workshops.
Note: Multi-Sport Modules: Plan a Practice, Nutrition, and Make Ethical Decisions are offered by Coaching Manitoba, not Volleyball Manitoba. Courses are offered in-person and through home study. Enroll in the Multi-Sport Modules. The Multi-Sport Modules can be completed prior to the Development Coach Workshop.
Portfolio and Evaluations
Please review all contents of the Development Coach Evaluation Package before beginning this final step of the certification process.
The Portfolio includes:
- Developing an Emergency Action Plan (EAP)
- Practice Plan submission (used for the in-person Evaluation)
The Evaluation includes:
- Make Ethical Decisions Online Evaluation (Comp-Intro Stream)
- Making Head Way (generic stream) free online module
- Support to Athletes in Training Evaluation
After the evaluation, submit pages 20 & 21 to firstname.lastname@example.org.