Advanced Development Coach
The Advanced Development Coach – Indoor program and Advanced Development Coach – Beach program are designed for coaches working with athletes in the Learn to Compete LTAD stage or 17-18 age category. The courses expand on knowledge and skills learned in the Development Coach context and apply advanced training methods.
Note: The certification pathways for both Beach and Indoor are listed below. The pathway is very similar for both disciplines, however each discipline has a few district differences. The specific items for each discipline are noted below.
View a one-page diagram of the Advanced Development Coach Pathway Indoor or Beach.
- Volleyball eLearning (5-8 hrs). The e-modules are designed to provide all the essential information a volleyball coach will need prior to the In-Person Workshops.
- Volleyball eLearning (above)
- Advanced Development Coach Workshop (Indoor or Beach)
- Multi-Sport Modules: Planning a Practice, Make Ethical Decisions, Design a Basic Sport Program, Basic Mental Skills
Note: The Advanced Development Coach Indoor or Beach Workshop provides learning experiences to assist in applying proven methods of coach intervention and practice design. Coaching abilities will be assessed throughout the course in a cooperative peer lead environment. View an outline of the Workshop. To enroll in an Advanced Development Coach Workshop, first complete the Volleyball eLearning modules and you will be prompted to sign up for the next available Workshop. Visit volleyballmanitoba.ca to view upcoming scheduled workshops.
Note: The Multi Sport Modules are offered by Coaching Manitoba, not Volleyball Manitoba. Courses are offered in-person and through home study. Enroll in the Multi-Sport Modules. The Multi-Sport Modules can be completed prior to the In-Person workshop.
Portfolio and Evaluations
The Portfolio includes:
- Design a Basic Sport Program submission Indoor or Beach
- Drill Design submission Indoor or Beach (used for the Support to Athletes in Training Evaluation)
- Developing an Emergency Action Plan (EAP) (not required if already completed in the Development Coach context)
The Evaluation includes:
- Make Ethical Decisions Online Evaluation (Comp-Intro Stream)
- Making Head Way (generic stream) free online module
- Error Detection and Correction Evaluation (basic and intermediate skills) Indoor or Beach
- Support to Athletes in Training Evaluation (video submission or in-person) Indoor or Beach
Please review all contents of the Advanced Development Coach Evaluation Package before beginning this final step of the certification process.
Below is a list of the Evaluation Package Appendices: